CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Comments/suggestions about the blog, or have something you want me to post. Great!

Email me at focusedonthepositive@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Bird

I had a memory flash into my mind the other night from my childhood. There was a bird, I don't remember what kind, and for some strange reason it flew into the window of our house. Crashed right into it.  I suppose it didn't know there was glass. Then, it got up and did it again.  Just kept crashing into our window.  Over and over, again and again. This went on for quite some time. 

I was only 10 or so, and watching this happen made me sad and quite confused. Why was the bird doing that?  Didn't it see it was hurting itself?

Last night as I was thinking about this memory I realized that must be how Heavenly Father feels watching us. I'm sure he too thinks, "Why do they keep doing that?  Don't they know they are going to get hurt?"

I think he feels deeply emotional watching us in the midst of our trials. He loves us. We are His children.

Likewise, our Savior has gone through all of our pains, when he atoned for us. He knows how we feel. He felt the same pain, both physical and emotional.

It is my belief that we are not alone. The two most important people that there are; Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, are going through our ups and downs along side us.

Anyways, those are my thoughts today. As always, please share yours.

5 comments:

WilyBCool

I really like the layout of your blog! Great thoughts. Keep up the good words. ;D

Maria

Why thank you. I have enjoyed your blog as well. Take care!

Launna

Maria this is a beautiful entry in your blog, I felt for the bird in your story and then when you tied it in with how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ must feel when they see us keep doing things that hurt us, I cried... it touched me deeply. Thank you for posting and keep up the wonderful blogs.

Maria

Launna thanks for your comment. I appreciate it. You are a sweet heart.

Launna

Maria, I chose you for a blogger award :)

http://lettersfromlaunna.blogspot.ca/2012/04/versatile-blog-award.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!