CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Comments/suggestions about the blog, or have something you want me to post. Great!

Email me at focusedonthepositive@gmail.com

Monday, August 29, 2011

Losing Myself

Alright, I'll admit it, I've been a little stressed/emotional/crazy lately.  My husband has been working some seriously insane hours, meaning we hardly see each other & we don't get any breaks, which is hard when you don't have family nearby to help out.  Also, my baby has been teething, and she's a loud baby when she's upset.  Due to her teething she's been taking super short naps, which throws everything off, and she also started the I-only-want-mommy-and-I-want-her-all-the-time stage.  Basically, when you add everything up, I'm a little on edge.

Here's what I've decided to do about it.
NOT complain, (contrary to the previous paragraph which wasn't complaining, it was... relaying the facts ).  For one thing my poor husband has it worse than I do.  He has to work summer hours which is from the crack of dawn till late at night- he worked 22 hours in one day last week, plus he has to come home to our craziness.  So hat's off to him. 

Anyways, I have decided to lose myself in service.  Helping others helps me forget my troubles, and creates happiness, which is exactly what I need!  It is kind of hard when you have to work around an infants schedule, but we'll see how it goes.  So far we have decided to bake cookies and deliver them to people, and then make a dinner for a family in our congregation that just had a baby.  Not going to burn myself out, or spread myself thinner, just trying to create some happiness! 

2 comments:

Maria

Baked 6 plates of cookies, and 1 meal. We had fun delivering them as a family. Helping others makes you feel good, this was a good plan.

Maria

Delivered more cookies, this time I let Megan chose who to give them to. We'll keep this up I think.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!