CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Comments/suggestions about the blog, or have something you want me to post. Great!

Email me at focusedonthepositive@gmail.com

Monday, February 6, 2012

Finding Peace


And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.   Helaman 5:12

Life has been insane lately.  Seriously.  But let me tell you, when I am in the middle of those winds and storms I am SO grateful for 2 things; my family, and my belief in Jesus Christ. 

Here's what I find interesting about that scripture, it says WHEN, not IF the devil shall send forth....  It is a given that we will be tested and tried.  It's part of the deal.  Oddly enough, I find that kind of comforting.  I am not being tried because I am being punished, but because that is part of life.

Anyways, that's what I have been thinking about lately.  There is peace in the scriptures.  May you be blessed through your storms as well.

2 comments:

Amy C

This is a great post Maria. Such a great reminder. As I was reading it, I was thinking about the sad situation with the Cox/Powell boys. Thank you for pointing out that it is when and not if, I needed to hear that for me as well. :)

Caroline C. Bingham

True. I think that sometimes people forget that we are here to learn, and learning requires trials and mistakes.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!